Proudly Endorsed by the National Right to Life Committee
What I Believe: Human life is a precious gift from God. The right to life is the most fundamental of all rights, as declared by our Founders in the Declaration of Independence: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men…”
Protecting those who cannot protect themselves is one of the most important roles of government, and that includes precious innocent life in the womb. I am unashamedly 100% pro-life from the moment of conception, without exception, and will always strongly support legislation that protects all life in the womb.
The government does not have a role in funding abortions, but it does have a role in standing for life. I strongly believe in and will support legislative action such as H.R. 369, the Defund Planned Parenthood Act of 2019, H.R. 20, the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2019, and H.R. 962, the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.
I will also co-sponsor and work to pass H.R. 616, the Life at Conception Act, whichdeclares that “the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human being at all stages of life, including the moment of fertilization, cloning, or other moment at which an individual comes into being. Nothing in this bill shall be construed to require the prosecution of any woman for the death of her unborn child.”
Furthermore, I will co-sponsor and work to pass bills like H.R. 4399, the Support and Value Expectant Mothers and Babies Act, whichwould prohibit new abortion drugs and any weakening of restrictions on current abortion drugs. These drugs are used to abort children out of convenience without any “exception” requirement.
Why I Believe It: Abortion is not healthcare. Abortion is not a human right. When it is treated as such, we deny that innocent baby their God-given rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I believe all human life, born and unborn, should be protected and cherished. As a born-again Christian, I believe God calls us to defend the defenseless and be a voice for the voiceless. When deciding how to vote, I will always err on the side of unborn human life, each and every time.
Solutions I Will Focus On:
– Make the Hyde Amendment permanent
– Eliminate and prohibit all Federal funding of abortion supporters and providers such as Planned Parenthood
– Work to have a Human Life Amendment enshrined in the U.S. Constitution
– Protect the rights of Healthcare Providers who do not want to provide abortions or sterilization
– Categorically reject any and all attempts to pass into law any pro-abortion or anti-life bills
– Reject attempts to pass a “Medicare for All” bill that would require taxpayer funding of abortion
– Permanently safeguard Federal policies and regulations that protect the right to life
– Sponsor a personhood/heartbeat bill recognizing and protecting life from conception
– Boldly work to enact the Life at Conception Act and the Support and Value Expectant Mothers and Babies Act